Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 3rd, 2011 10:00

ARE YOU KIDDING?

So I have been a loyal Dell customer for years and very happy with their products but a few weeks ago my XPS1330 started giving me a 'black screen', after following all the recommended steps (test the screen, update the BIOS, etc), I just couldn’t get it to work. Talked to Dell Support and they said the screen needed to be replaced (NOTE that every forum online says this is a very common issue with the XPS models and also Dell.com acknowledged it was faulty on the machines).  I called Dell and they wanted 528 dollars to replace the screen!!!. When I told them it was outrageous they said “they’ll work with me” and give me a “great discount” and I ONLY had to pay 319 to get it fixed!!!. that's just not right.

REALLY?, well thanks Dell but I guess I’m just not going to bother and just gonna go ahead and start shopping for other brands. It’s a shame since I had had Dell for the past 11 years. Guess customer loyalty is not a thing for you guys.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 3rd, 2011 10:00

If you find another brand of system where the manufacturer provides free out of warranty repairs, beware - that company won't be around for very long.

No Events found!