Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2014 18:00

About my sound

I have a dell inspiron 5520 and my sound don't Work anymore I only use it to watchnNetflix and just out of No Where it stop working I tried to reset it and I can't ffigure how to when I go to the sound button it says it's not running and I just want to reset it so if u could tell me how to thanks

121 Posts

December 21st, 2014 20:00

Most audio issues occur from hardware failure, but your lappy isn't that old. Let's try removing the audio drivers and reinstalling them.

(I'm guessing your 5520 came with Windows 7 Home premium (64 bit) If not, don't download the driver in #1 and let me know.

You need to be in an ADMIN account, if your normal account is limited.

1. download the Conexant audio from here: [View:downloads.dell.com/.../Audio_Driver_VH0JF_WN_8.54.37.0_A03.EXE]

(copy a shortcut to your desktop, or remember where it downloads to)

2. look in Control Panel >programs (for a sound manager) >Conexant audio> click remove

Uninstalling  the software will remove the  driver.  

After you remove it,

3. Go back to your desktop and (if you have  "my computer" on your desktop,  right click on the icon and left-click on properties Manage>Device Manager>Sound, Video,  and Game controllers) If it's not on your desktop, left-click start then right-click Computer> left- click> Manage>Device Manager>Sound, Video,  and Game controllers.  

right-click on all Audio Devices (High Definition Audio, Conexant Audio, etc) and left-click uninstall.

remove all audio devices

4.  Restart your laptop.

5. Upon reboot install the driver I first had you download, then restart the laptop again.

You should hear the sound of Windows 7 upon restart

Good Luck,

Dagra

No Events found!