Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

January 18th, 2017 17:00

Active Pen control panel not compatible with new XPS 13 2 in 1

I've just received my Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 along with the Active Pen PN556W. The pen instructions include steps to download the Active Pen Control Panel software. However, when I install the software I'm told "a supported tablet was not found on the system". 

Without this software, I can't configure the two buttons near the tip of the pen. The standard Windows 10 pen control panel does allow me to configure what the button on top does.

Does Dell have any plans to make the Active Pen control panel compatible with this laptop? They do advertise the pen alongside the laptop, so it seems strange that the configuration software is not compatible.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 19th, 2017 07:00

I am thinking about getting one of those and noticed some of the Pen drivers would not be available until Feb.  I thought that was a little strange but if I did not misread that listing, perhaps there is some hold on them because of a patent or some such thing.

I was wondering what resolution was necessary for the Pen but I have not asked yet..

1 Message

February 4th, 2017 13:00

I am in the same boat.  Wondering if there is an update?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 5th, 2017 07:00

Mine seems to be working fine..  

When I set my pen up I almost missed those two button batteries..hard to see without glasses.. ;)

7 Posts

February 5th, 2017 15:00

A Dell technician was able to install the Active Pen control panel on my laptop. I'm not sure what he did different to me. The installation file he used was "ActivePen_APP_Driver_WIN_A01.exe".

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 5th, 2017 16:00

That is the same one I used.  Possibly you had a bad download or something was blocking it..

I just realized I can use the Pen to write numbers in my Sudoku game

No Events found!