Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 17th, 2017 09:00

Advice please re Lost / Stolen Precision M6500!

Hi - Apologies straight off to any Mods about where this is - Just couldn't really see anywhere else to post - & I am kind of desperate!

I recently went to New Zealand for 2 months, and on the very last leg of my return trip left my precious M6500 on the train - it was very early in the morning and I was severely jet lagged - Pathetic excuse but it happened.

I contacted the relevant station, but unfortunately the laptop has not been found.

To make matters worse 2 boxes of important documents were destroyed by the house movers while I was away - Including all my Dell documentation.

My question is, does anyone know how I can possibly find out any relevant Chassis numbers or anything else which might be useful for the police and my insurance company? Regrettably, the machine's details were never listed on the household policy I had as they did not require them.

I have logged in to my Dell account and can see the Service Tags,and what looks like a Serial number for 1 of the HD 's, but I had replaced the Primary drive with an SSD, so that is about it.

I'd be really interested to hear from anyone who's had the same misfortune - Just to find out how they proceeded - This is the 1st time anything like this has happened to me, and I am kinda struggling to find out what to do! (Yes, thanks for the "Get your head examined mate" Cries I can hear!

Thanks for any helpful information

Mr Dell- Less

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 17th, 2017 09:00

The service tag IS the serial number.

No Events found!