Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2017 17:00

Alienware 14 startup and battery problem

Hi , this is my first time here , basically , my alienware 14 has 2 main problems , the battery , where if I'm not plugged in , I am unable to use it but it's not that big of a problem as I don't bring it out much , but the main problem here is the startup , since end of December 2016 I have been unable to start my laptop due to this error, the laptop brings me to a screen where it says , RECOVERY , The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains error , File: \WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndis.sys , Error Code: 0xc0000185 , please help , I need to use the laptop to do my work on , I am currently typing this on a mobile phone , and it doesn't allow me to upload the pic so I had to type it out , any kind of help would be appreciated , thank you :)

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 4th, 2017 18:00

On the battery:  check to see if the AC adapter is recognized in setup (F2 at powerup).  If it's showing unknown, the battery won't charge.  If that's the case, the adapter, DC jack or mainboard is faulty.  

If the AC adapter is recognized, but the battery won't charge - replace the battery with a new one.

On the other issue, press F12 a few times at powerup and boot to the Dell diagnostics.  Run an extended test on the hard drive - you'll likely find it's faulty  - in which case, replace the drive before loading the OS.

No Events found!