Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2016 06:00

Alienware 15 R2 CPU Issues and poor performance

I purchased the Alienware 15 R2 with i7-6820HK, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, and GTX 980M in November. I have had no issues up until the past couple of weeks I noticed my laptop running a lot slower than before. I thought nothing of it up until last night while playing Rust, I noticed my CPU would randomly spike to 100% causing the game to freeze and run poorly, this also happens with other high demanding games and even without playing any games or running any demanding programs the fans will kick in randomly and the laptop will freeze for a few seconds. I have also noticed bootup time is no longer like 20 seconds, sometimes it will stay on the alienware splash screen for up to 5 minutes. I have tried to restore my laptop, in which I have discovered that Alienware Respawn has never even been installed. When I first purchased it I selected the option to backup the OS on a USB drive. I have restarted my laptop and selected both options either IPV4 or IPV6 to try and select the backup drive and on all occasions of trying to restore it with the USB drive it says no media found and I am unable to use the backup at all. I am wondering if I go through system restore without having any backup or anything will I lose all the drivers and alienware programs and ability to use the lighting since I have no backup for some reason? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this has been really frustrating especially since I've spent over 2K on the laptop and it is not even 6 months old. Thanks in advance, hopefully I will be able to resolve this issue without any more headaches.

No Responses!
No Events found!