Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 24th, 2016 00:00

Alienware LCD screen

I have a 1 year old Alienware 17 R2 that has a broken/problematic LCD screen -- the colors are faded and there are violet spots all over.  I'm sure that this is a hardware issue (LCD screen) because when I connect it on an external monitor/TV, the display is okay.

My laptop is still covered by the warranty.  I purchased this in the US and moved it here in PH -- where I am based.  

How do I get support or claim warranty?  I've already did the "transfer of ownership" online, contacted several Dell Support channels (including the one in India), but I've been passed from one to another without getting help.

Who do I need to call or email so that someone can help me?

8 Posts

June 3rd, 2016 09:00

Anyway, the LCD was replaced yesterday by a Dell-accredited technician and the display is back to normal now.

2K Posts

April 24th, 2016 10:00

Hi 2EZ4CY,

If the screen is physically broken, then it would not be covered under warranty, unless you have accidental coverage purchased with the order. 

When you say PH, do you mean Philippines?  If you could send me a private message with the service tag of the system and your contact details, then I could check and confirm if the warranty transfer has been complete to your current residing country or not. And we could also confirm your warranty info.

Could you also write a detailed description of the issue? Also, post a screenshot of the issue?

You could choose to contact us via this forum or via Twitter - @AlienwareTech or Facebook - http://bit.ly/1Ss1Kus

Keep us updated.

8 Posts

April 26th, 2016 05:00

Hello Rishi,

PM sent.  I'll send a picture here later when I'm in front of it.

Regards,

Cyrus

8 Posts

April 26th, 2016 07:00

Here's a picture of the issue.  Notice the difference between the quality of display between the TV and the monitor itself.

Note:  There's no physical damage on the laptop's monitor.  

1 Attachment

8 Posts

May 27th, 2016 03:00

Hello Rishi,

Additional pictures and information have been sent to you via PM.  Please have someone contact me in order to process my warranty claim.

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 27th, 2016 04:00

Even if you have the warranty transferred, it's not going to cover the screen replacement - this is impact damage to the LCD itself, which will be considered accidental damage.

8 Posts

May 28th, 2016 22:00

@ejn63:  how can it be considered an accidental damage if there's no physical damage whatsoever on the LCD or even on the laptop itself?

No Events found!