Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2013 10:00

Alienware M14X blackscreen

My alienware laptop just randomly gave me some error message with a lot of "0" in it before i shut it down , when i tried turning it back on , the only thing it showed me was the alienware logo before booting and after that nothing just a black screen afterwards,  help please?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 29th, 2013 12:00

Hi GBling,

I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Also, Please connect an external monitor to check if there is display.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2013 13:00

I don't have another display  , i tried doing as instructed in the video but nothing happened , the only thing it shows me is following : 
Recovery
Your PC couldn't turn off properly

The operating system on your PC failed to turn off properly and needs to be repaired.

Error code : 0xc0000001

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device) , contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press ENTER to try again

Press F8 for startup settings

Press ESC for UEFI Firmware settings

I tried inserting the OS disc that came with the computer and pressing enter , but nothing happened , blackscreen yet again ,  how to proceed in this case ? 
and ofcourse thank you for your attention

Robert

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

October 31st, 2013 21:00

Hi Robert,

I see that you are receiving Blue scrren error please reply us with complete error message and I’d suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

1.  Turn on or restart the computer.

2.  Immediately at the Dell/Alienware logo screen, starting tapping the key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).

3.  At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press to begin the hardware Diagnostics.

4.   Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.

No Events found!