Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2011 10:00

Alienware M14X screen turns pink/grey/blue but still running Windows on the background.

Yesterday I just received my new Alienware M14X laptop and is having issues now.

The main issue is that in some moment (not find the pattern yet) the whole screen computer turns in color like pink/grey/blue but on the background Windows is still running fine like nothing has happened.

After doing some tests the only workaround that I just found is that if the computer is connected to the AC and unplugged the cable, the screen recovers fine and I can see Windows normally, what I think it is that when I unplug the AC cable is like Windows is trying to reconfigure the screen, like when you connect a projector and try to set the resolution to fit it. Not sure if is the AC cable or the video card.

I just installed the latest drivers to the video card: Nvidia GeForce 555m with 285.62 drivers but the problem still on.

Any suggestions?

My specs:

• AW M14X, Black SP
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
  • Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4GHz
  • NV GeForce GT555M 3.0GB VRAM BLK
  • 14.0 HD+ (900p/1600x900)/WLED
  • Alienware M14X 150W A/C Adapter

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 15th, 2011 10:00

Call Alienware and have the system exchanged - there is no point in trying a repair on a brand-new system.

No Events found!