Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2011 03:00

Alienwear Won't Power On Story.

Ok so heres my story.

I recently bough a Dell Alienwear M15x, I'd had it for about 3 week then one day, it wouldn't turn on, At all no lights no nothing, so I googled it, "Alianwear m15x won't power on"

Results came back saying basically that I should take the Battery out and hold the power button for 10 seconds or so and relice a static charge that had built up, after doing this I replaced the battery and it still wouldn't turn on.

To my Annoyance I called Dell warrent, After a long and dragged out conversation with a hard to understand Dell worker, Finallly after 2 hours he decided to send out a service tech to my house with a new motherboard.

2 days later I got a knock at the door, the Tech did about an hours work on the laptop replacing the motherboard and putting the wole thing back together, After he was finished, he tryed to turn it on, Still didnt work. He called dell explained the situationand scedualed another service.

Another week went by I got a call from the same tech, said that he was goign to come over in the afternoon, 3:00pm Knock at the door, same thing he sat down replaced the mother board (Again) and also replaced the base of the laptop an hour went bye, he put it all back together, tryed powering it on, Still didn't work. he said dell would contact me about what to do next.

3 days later, I.. called Dell again and explained what had happened, and he sceduled that the laptop was to be taken to a "Service center" to be repaired.

2 days later, I recived a call from the "service center guy" saying he would send a transport to come and collect the laptop.

3 day later, the man knocked on my door and collected my laptop.

2 day later I recived a call from teh "service center guy" and he told me they are waiting for parts.

2 WEEKS LATER!! I recived a call from the "Serivce center guy" telling me that the parts that they ordered still hadn't fixed the problem and the laptop still won't power on, So they are waiting for more part.

IS THIS NORMAL, It's Been almost 4weeks now and I still don't have a working laptop has anyone else had a situation like this, any idea on how long this will tkae to fix, Any info I could get on this would be great.

No Responses!
No Events found!