Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2013 05:00

All My drive is unavailable in Boot

I want to Install Windows 8 in my Inspiron 14z, which using 32gb SSD mSata + 500Gb HDD...

I'm using Boot installer in my pendrive, as usual i have to chose which partition i want to install the windows...

but there's no drive available...even the SSD or the HDD...so can u tell me how to fix this?

1.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 08:00

Hi ZaidWong,

It seems the issue is due to Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. If the system is able to boot, you may follow the steps below:

• Go inside Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software and deactivate acceleration (on both ssd configuration and acceleration)
  • Go into BIOS under advanced (and just double check that SATA operation is set to IRST.
  • Download and save the latest ISRT driver from the link: http://intel.ly/ZfT8RW.
  • Open driver and choose extract driver without installing. Put this extract files on the USB drive.
  • Now when you get to the screen asking for partition, click ‘Load Drivers’ and select your SATA drivers USB stick.
  • Please ensure ‘Hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this computer’ is checked.
  • Click ‘Next’ and you should be able to see the drives listed now.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

No Events found!