Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2015 17:00

Amd radeon 7570m not installing on my dell inspiron z 5423 laptop

hello, i ve used my dell inspiron 14z 5423 laptop for a year now and i use intel hd4000 to play games...i jux decided to read a review of it and i realised that it has a discrete graphics, an amd radeon 7570m and was happy to download it..unfortunately wen i finish downloading the driver from dell and i install the driver it doesnt complete and it jux goes to da finish page...wen i go to the folder i downloaded it at (ATI Technologies) the folder is empty..ive tried alot of ways to install it but still it aint working...i wanna ask if my laptop doesnt ve the video cards hardware or is the os am running?..using windows 7...pls i need ur  help wanna play sum games at low sett smoothly...fifa 15 for example

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 18th, 2015 18:00

This system was available in multiple configurations - the base model had an i3 CPU and intel-only graphics.  The higher-end models had i5 and i7 CPUs with hybrid Intel-AMD GPU.

Which model system do you have?

5 Posts

March 19th, 2015 10:00

Yh sorry for not giving the details...mine is an i5 3317U cpu 1.7 ghz and turbo boost @2.6ghz...currently using windows 7 ultimate os and intel HD4000 igpu

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 19th, 2015 11:00

Do you see two entries under Display Adapters in the control panel (device manager)?

5 Posts

March 19th, 2015 11:00

the thing is i downloaded it from the dell site ...i first downloaded da win8 version so since it ddnt come i tot i had to use da win7 one so i searched fr it in da site ,found it, and downloaded it but it was still the same old tin...ive opened it as administrator and all but nothing...during da installation process wen i reach da path fr installing i choose express or custom nd include all files...den wen installation begins and it reaches intel media sdk da green bar doesnt even come and it goes straight to the last page sayin it has completed installation and i can view sum warning msgs...wen i open da warning msgs it says it has completed installing the required files...wen i close the app nothing changes...wen i restart the pc...nothin changes and wen i go to the folder to which i installed da driver (ATI technologies) is empty...i downloaded amd auto detect  and it says hardware or os not found...pls help

5 Posts

March 19th, 2015 12:00

Nope went there but only saw intel HD 4000...i think is da OS am using ryt?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 19th, 2015 14:00

If you have the AMD option, you should see two entries for the video - even if the drivers aren't loaded.  If you see only Intel, that's all you have.

5 Posts

March 19th, 2015 17:00

but my laptop is supposed to have it...i5 and dell 5423  so y is it only intel dat i ve...is it a mistake i made..my os,bios or wat...or shld i installed win 8.1 or?

No Events found!