Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

10 Posts

November 19th, 2008 20:00

Apoint.exe slowing down system

Hi. With task mgr open, Apoint.exe continously takes up about 33% of my processor power, even without using either the mouse or the touchpad.  What can be the reason for this, and how should I fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

B.

Dell Inspiron 6000, 1.6GHz Intel Centrino, 1.25 GB RAM, 60GB HD

PS - After Dell introduced the newer model after the I6000, I have not gotten ONE single notification through Dell Support about any drivers or software being updated.  Is it customary to completely drop the ball on oler models once the next gen hits the shelves?!

10 Posts

Are you using comodo firewall ?

Yes...

Does comodo activate the touchpad driver?  The touchpad doesn't try to connect to the internet, does it? I'm curious...

24 Posts

Are you using comodo firewall ?

24 Posts

November 19th, 2008 21:00

comodo's defense plus monitors keyboard/mouse and that is problematic.

You can try unchecking  Keyboard monitoring under Defense+ → Advanced → Defense+ Settings → Monitor Settings

(after upgrading comodo sometimes the setting reverts back to keyboard monitoring.. so will have to re-uncheck it)

Here is a link

http://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/defense_causes_cpu_load_on_apointexe_v3016295_32bit-t19326.0.html

10 Posts

November 23rd, 2008 17:00

Thanks!  I tried to disable the keyboard monitoring, and apoint is now only using 5-15% of CPU instead of 15-30%...  However, if I disable Defense+ completely, it uses close to nothing...  Are there any apoint driver updates available that are not listed when dell's drivers&download support pulls up their list based on my service tag?

I tried to reconfigure comodo to treat apoint as a windows system application, but that had cpu load generally around zero, with quick and short spikes into the twenties every one to two seconds...

Should I try another firewall?  Apart from this, Comodo seems to be excellent?

24 Posts

December 6th, 2008 19:00

I am ok with comdo. But on older machines I disable the defense+ completely. Recently I upgraded comodo (their new update includes anti-virus also - though I dont use that) ... Havent re-enabled defense+

I dont think defense+ is that useful anyway

No Events found!