Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2017 10:00

Audio echo

I got a new dell Inspiron 17 7000 with Windows 10. And when using headsets I get echoes from the audio and it's unbearable to listen to. It's the waves maxxaudio pro that does it. But it won't let me turn off the dimensional surround sound it just turns its self on. I have tried everything but only setting my headset as external speakers lets me turn it off. But then I can't use my mic on my headset.

On my old computer it had this problem but all I had to do was go to dell audio and disable waves maxxaudio but this computer doesn't have that. Please help.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 9th, 2017 16:00

Does you system work normally with the built-in speakers and microphone?

When you plug in the headset, and make sure it is plugged in all the way, do you get a popup asking what you plugged in?

The echoes may be from an enhancement you have selected or possibly some type of feedback.

What model of the 7000?

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 11th, 2017 14:00

If I have a headphones connected, I can turn off the Dimension.  The fact you don't seem to be able to may be relevant.  If you think the echo is coming from Waves, use Task Manager on the processes tab and end the task for testing.  You will need to reboot to get it back.

When you start Waves, you use the hidden icon to do so?

Do you feel the echoes are feedback or the music is being delayed somehow?  Could something be coming from the internal speakers?

Do you have Bluetooth headphones you could check...?

January 11th, 2017 14:00

its model 7779. The system works fine with the built-in speakers and microphone.

the headset is plugged all the way in and i do get the popup.

i have no enhancements on except the waves maxxaudio pro forces the dimesion surrond sound on. even if i click it off it still is enabled and will turn right back on.

4 Posts

April 29th, 2017 17:00

Was a solution found? I have the same issue with the same laptop model 7779.

Bluetooth headphones don't have the same issue. I can't tell if the speaker do but the headset always does. All Wave "enhancements" are off as well as anything I can find in Realtek settings.

I think it started after an update was applied from the Dell Update service.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 30th, 2017 11:00

This response is for whichever of you would like to respond.  I have my 7779 set up playing iTunes music.  The volume on iTunes is about 50%.  The volume on the Output devices is 20%.

I am using an iPhone headset which has a microphone.

I have checked to confirm all settings in the playback device properties are disabled and no Spatial Sound is showing.  I am using the Waves panes to set up the equalizer with my custom settings.  Right now, the levels of microphone and headset are not being shown with the blue highlight, possibly because of iTunes.

I can hear no echoes.  So, explain to me, as best possible, what I should do to duplicate what you are hearing.  Such things as Type of sound and what is playing it.  Output levels for any volume control entity.

Since sound reproduction in modern systems includes, by design, crossover sound, if that sound was being delayed more that it should, you might hear an echo.  But echoes are the same sound being heard at least twice.  Something such as a Reverb might be construed as an echo.  So be aware, some settings in the playback devices properties can be added to the Waves setting.  Multiple instances of a player might also cause repeating of sound.  Maybe even feedback from a Microphone..

Anyway, let me know if you feel I should be able to reproduce the situation in this thread.  While doing that let me know if you hear the echoes with only one earpiece at a time..

I am working with Win 10 15063.250

40 Posts

April 30th, 2017 12:00

Here's a link to my Thread with similar issue. I'm guessing the "echo" you are hearing is the phasing causes by waves. I have been in long talks with Dell about this. I encourage anyone else that has an issue to contact Dell tech support. I personally think it is a global issue with the Waves software.

en.community.dell.com/.../20008298

40 Posts

April 30th, 2017 12:00

I encourage you to contact Dell Tech support. Maybe if enough people contact them, they will realize there is a problem.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

May 6th, 2017 20:00

Problem: Waves audio enhancements were stuck on. Horrible 3d dimension.Like tile bathroom.

This make sense to me because when I was testing the other day I turned on the Dimensional in Waves and the Playback Devices - Speakers - Properties enhancements concurrently and got distorted sound.

The way incorrect settings may sometimes be corrected in Windows is to put the settings to match what the incorrect setting might be.  Then set it back where you want it.  But uninstalling a device completely, then rebooting and reinstalling should do the job as well.

4 Posts

May 6th, 2017 20:00

My problem was resolved by uninstalling the "Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)" device from within Device Manager and reinstalling. I downloaded the update package and compared it to the auto-update package that started this corruption and they were the same. So reinstalling the same driver is all I did. YMMV

downloads.dell.com/.../Audio_Driver_J59NT_WN32_6.0.1.8029_A06.EXE "C:\ProgramData\Dell\Update\Downloads\DRVR\Realtek High Definition Audio Driver\Audio_Driver_J59NT_WN32_6.0.1.8029_A06.EXE"

I opened a ticket with Dell and was given a list of other things to try which turned out to be unnecessary.

System Info: Inspiron 17-7779, Win10Pro.

Problem: Waves audio enhancements were stuck on. Horrible 3d dimension.Like tile bathroom.

Good luck

4 Posts

May 6th, 2017 22:00

The problem in this case is that there is no way to change anything. The Waves app would allow no change and the driver pages were ineffective. I had attempted the old trick of enabling, saving, disabling and saving all of the driver options. Also tried the reset option. I exported the registry to compare at some point if I have time and interest.

This problem seems to have been around for a long time on other systems and older OSs. A driver reinstall doesn't seem to work for everybody.. And it may not be a permanent fix for me. We'll see.

No Events found!