Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2015 22:00

Audio on inspiron 13 7000 windows 10 fades in and out, with a muffled quality

The audio for all media through the speakers will become muffled every few seconds, then revert back to normal quality only to become muffled again. This happens only with the speakers, though, as headphones seem to work fine.

13 Posts

January 16th, 2016 21:00

Can you elaborate what works and what not works with audio. I would suggest you to download realtek driver from company website and install with windows 8.1 comparability settings(right click exe file and troubleshoot compatibility,then select windows 8.1).  And as for space bar goes may be you need to contact dell service for your problem(may be hardware issue).  The main issue of fading in and out is with whole system not just dell built in speakers don't know may be Maxx sense is disabled when your headphones is plugged in.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2016 09:00

Thanks! this suggestion worked perfectly on my dell 13 7348, guess these come off the line like cars. watch out for ones made on friday 

2 Posts

October 23rd, 2016 10:00

I know this is an old thread.  I just got my new Inspiron Inspiron 13 5000 and immediately had the same issue.  I updated the firmaware thinking it was a Bluetooth issue (from a different post).  Though I had fixed it.  But it volume still decreased within a few seconds of playing any audio media.  Then I found the solution by en.community.dell.com/.../portela and it worked!  That worked until my batter got low this morning... Then the issue returned.  

I found what fixed that latest symptom for me (at least for now) is a setting in MaxAudioPro --> Playback --> Advanced screen.  I unchecked "Switch to battery save mode wheb battery is low" and the audio volume returned to normal levels.

I love my DELL laptop and am VERY happy I didn't have to call Dell Support. ;)

1 Message

July 10th, 2017 20:00

I don't know if you guy keep having this problem, but I bought my dell 13 5000 a few weeks ago and had this same problem... It seems the latest driver from dell's website solves this problem. I had already checked the "do nothing" option as suggested in the beginning of the thread also, as an extra info.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2017 11:00

On my Inspiron 7348 I had similar problems. On Windows 10 I installed the drivers from Windows 8.1 in compatibility mode. Now it seems all right.

No Events found!