Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2015 17:00

Audio & touchpad drivers.

Hello everybody ! I 'm new at the forum ,so I wanna exuse if here is not the right place for my question but I have a problem with my Audio and Touchpad drivers. My Laptop model is Inspiron 17 5758 and after reinstallation of Windows 8.1 I have no options to adjust my touchpad. I have the same issue with the wave maxx audio driver as well. I tried a couple of times to resolve that with the actual drivers from official Dell website but without any success. So If somebody can give an advice Where can I find a real working drivers for Windows 8.1 ,please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Rado

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

July 9th, 2015 10:00

Hi Rado,

Thanks for posting.

Have you tried this driver? For the touchpad?  How about Dell Quickset?

The Audio Driver for this model can be found here.

Post back if you have any additional questions.  Tahnks.

Regards,
Robert

2 Posts

July 9th, 2015 16:00

Thanks very much for your quick response Robert ! The Audio driver is exactly what I want it !  I tried the touchpad driver also but nothing . It is still the same situation - no adjustments. It's a precision touchpad and it should be with some options for gesture control etc. ,which are not displayed in Windows Control panel . Strange isn't it ?

If there is any other ways to find the correct driver I'll be happy to know it :)

Thanks once again !

1 Message

July 10th, 2015 15:00

I am having the same exact issue with a client's laptop of mine. I have literally tried every driver, hack, program, and curse word under the sun. 

I spent literally hours (not exaggerating) with Dell technical support trying to get this resolved. They tried absolutely everything.

Long story short, they're sending out an on-site technician to replace the touchpad. Thing is, we don't know for sure if it's actually the touchpad and not just a weird driver issue but we'll see!

No Events found!