Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 11th, 2017 00:00

Audio

I buy a Inspiron13 7000 series Laptop.

I am very disappointed with the audio of my laptop ,it's very harsh, very hard to listen. 

Is there anyone in the forun who is facing the same problem.

Pls. tell me how to resolve this problem.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 11th, 2017 18:00

it's very harsh

In the tags field of your post, you entered "crackling". There are some tips about crackling on the Inspiron 13 7000 series in the Recent Issues FAQ, but nothing about harshness. Using WavesMaxx might alleviate the harshness, although it could aggravate the crackling.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 11th, 2017 19:00

Audio is very much an subjective judgement.  You have a system which is physically small so the speakers have to be physically small also.  Small speakers are not physically able to reproduce music hall  type audio.

You may be seeing a problem but if you are using the latest drivers, that may be what you get unless you can adjust the output in some manner.

I have a 17 7000, and although it sounds OK with the built in speakers, it sounds fine using my $400 Bose Bluetooth headset.

Jim has more experience with these systems, so I will just ask you to manage your expectations regarding audio.  Try external speakers or a headset and see if it gets any better.  Adjusting the settings for that output device may also help.

This all assumes you are not listening from a device set as a communications device, which will limit the audio to a voice range.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 15th, 2017 05:00

Jim has more experience with these systems

Due to budget restrictions, I can only have one laptop at a time, and it has to last as long as possible.That means that owners of specific models should know way more about them than I do. I glean information that owners leave in these threads, but usually am a little behind the times.

No Events found!