Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

T

4 Posts

June 27th, 2008 19:00

Avermedia AverTV Nano Express

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone knew how i cuold get hold of this, as when i first purchased my laptop i decided not to buy it. And the people at sales dont seem to understand a word im saying :)

I have looked under the accessories section to no avail and presume there must be some other way to purchase this.

Thanks

Tom

3.6K Posts

June 27th, 2008 23:00

The card is only listed when purchasing the laptop,it is not on the electronics sales page.Go here http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=447 .

Here is the order page  http://www.auctioninc.com/cart/ .

Message Edited by dgkpcon on 06-27-2008 08:35 PM

12 Posts

June 28th, 2008 18:00

I bought mine from Newegg after I made the same mistake and did not order when I bought the computer.

It did not come with the remote.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100036

June 28th, 2008 23:00

I'd say you have not missed out much on not buying this card from DELL.  Dell fails to mention they sell a stripped-down version of this card which only works under Vista MCE.  Normal viewing of a live-feed from TV, S-video or RCA sources is fine, but if you want to record a live feed to HDD, then you are out of luck.  Since the card does not ship with any software, I've installed the AverTv and Aver Media Centre software from the manufacturer.  However, the card is not recognised by either sofware and the answer I've received from AverMedia is that this is an entirely different card from the retail version and does not have ANY recording ability.  Dell should have clarified this on their website and I'd have bought the retail version of this card from somewhere else instead.  The reason I bought this card is to capture some video clips (from my cam recorder) so I can use them in my presentations but now I have a uselss card that just sits on my desk collecting dust.  Why would I want to watch TV or videos on a tiny 15" screen when I have a big 50" plasma?  Anyway, I rest my case.

August 10th, 2008 01:00

Hi,

By the way, if the software we downloaded from AverMedia doesn't work.  What do I use to watch TV via this 'stripped down' version of Nano card?

Only the driver was installed on my laptop, not the application.  How on earth do I watch programs?  Any other 3rd-party application I can use to watch TV at the very least !?

Rgds

Hi,

I face exactly the same problem.  I feel cheated as a customer.

Can I get a refund?  It is a waste of time to try figuring this out!

Dell should even pay for our lost hours.

Does Dell monitor our messages and reflect it to the management?

Rgds

3.6K Posts

Use the Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1500 Tv center application.

August 16th, 2008 18:00

Will this card be capable of working after the entire nation goes Digital in 2/09?  I called Dell X
PS tech support and any information on this model of TV tuner card is skimpy.  How does one know about drivers or patches for this card?  Thanks in advance.

August 17th, 2008 00:00

You can watch TV or composite input using the Windows Media Center application in Vista under Online media\Program library\Video game plugin.  For TV, you'll need to setup the stations under settings\TV tuner.

Hope this helps,

Treehugger 

August 19th, 2008 21:00

Does that mean that in Feb 2009, I will have to re-scan the TV channels (from WM Center that is).  It is unbelievable that information about this hardware and associated application  is so skimpy!  This is such a source of entertainment for me and I want to make sure it will work after the all digital TV bands go into effect.  Regards

41 Posts

August 29th, 2009 05:00

My 2 cents worth... I cant figure out from your post if you *have* MCE or not, because you say it only works with that, and that you can view live-feed from TV.  So assuming you have it, what is stopping you from recording using MCE? I do it with TV shows (ala PVR) or Composite (when I want to transfer 8mm from my old cam or VCR).

My issue is to get Windows 7 drivers for it right now... And to see if I can get the HDMI sound to make it to my receiver, connected in series between my PC and large TV.  Right now, with VISTA, the sound only works coming from my TV speakers, which is a real drag. 

No Events found!