Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 25th, 2013 23:00

BEEP SOUND

I have Dell inspiron N4050 laptop. It makes a continuos sound of beep when i try to start the laptop. what does it mean????

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi AABHINAV07,

I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds. Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors.

With regards to the beep sound, I request you for some more information. Please restart the system if it is already on. Listen carefully to the beep codes when the computer starts. Please pay close attention to the number of beeps. Check if there is any pause between beeps and after how many beeps is there a pause. This is all important information that will help us determine what issue the beep codes are representing. Restart your computer if you need to hear the beep again.

5 Posts

August 28th, 2013 00:00

Thanks for replying,I tried all things you mention..The beep sound is not so much loud. Its a very small continuous sound at the starting of laptop.Also my laptop keyboard has totally stopen working now.but the main problem that it starts to type any character itself, dude to which I faces problem while using external keyboard.Pls help.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

August 28th, 2013 03:00

Hi AABHINAV07,

Thank you for the update. I suspect some of the keys may be stuck which is casing continuous beeps. I request you to blow with a can of compressed air on the keyboard which may release the stuck key.

No Events found!