Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 27th, 2011 19:00

BIOS Forgoten/Never known Password M15x Alienware.

Hi guys,

As the title states it, I have an M15x Alienware and in my (for now) vain attempt to repair my computer from an other problem, which is not of any importance in this case, I have reached the annoying point when my BIOS refuses to let me in the settings and I don't know how to get in without its password (opening up the computer up and taking out the BIOS battery is NOT an option! :D)

I don't remember ever putting a specific password and believe I didn't choose the password...

I have googled it and found their usually were some master passwords (PHOENIX, phoenix, bios...) but none seems to work.

Anyone got a clue of what I could do/put instead of random words? =)

Alienware M15x

Windows 7 Home Premium Alienware Edition 64-Bit

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 28th, 2011 04:00

No, they won't - you must call for support and be able to verify ownership of the system.  Since the system wasn't sold where you're located, you'll need to contact Dell in the country where it was sold.

Well Id love to but I don't live in America... I live in romania... Dell doesn't even have an office here! :D so... not so helpful! :) is there no common "for everyone" password by any chance?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Call Dell -- upon proof of ownership, they will issue a system-specific master password.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

No, there is not.

July 28th, 2011 03:00

Will they give me a master password by mail if I give proof of ownership? (which Im not sure what u mean by that... :))

Then I'm screwed... Got it from a little reseller here...

Thank you ejn63 you have really cleared it out... though its bad news for me... :) (warranty is out.)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Return the system for a refund (or insist the reseller either clear the password or replace the mainboard).

No Events found!