Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 31st, 2015 22:00

BIOS Lock. Unlock Key Hint Number appearing

Hi Friends,

I have a DELL Inspiron 14R (N4110) laptop. Few days back I set BIOS password. Unexpectedly I forgot the password. While going to BIOS, my laptop is asking for password. I tried many times but unable to enter correct password. Can any one please tell me how to proceed further for resetting the password? Now there's unlock key hint number appearing.. please help so i can go to my bios settings..

Thanks in advance...

1 Message

October 31st, 2015 22:00

I have the same exact problem with one of my Latitude D420 machines. The only catch is that I have followed the directions, but can not get the machine to read me external CD Drive or my thumb drive. I have been stuck as well. I would have hoped I could just dive into the machine reset the password in the CMOS and reboot. I forgot this is not an HP machine. Hope someone reads our troubles and has a good solution.

November 1st, 2015 09:00

Hi jymr.

Just for an Example Purpose we are going to take your systems service TAG as abcd

You are currently getting to see an empty space to entry your Bios Password.
You need to entry an Incorrect Password 3 Times.
You will get to see an Error Code.
It will be similar to something like this.
ABCD-1A2B

Once you have got it, you would need to Contact Dell Tech Support.
You would need to Complete the Verification Process and then give this Error Code and they can then get you the Required Password.

NOTE : If you aren't able to complete the Verification Process, they will not Entertain your Request.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2016 20:00

hola amigos

Tengo un portátil Dell Inspiron 14R (N4110). nesecito entrar al boot y me pide la contraseña nunca he colocado contraseña y le intente y quedo bloqueado y ahora sale unas letras y numeros quiero saber si puedo arreglar mi conputador para poder bootear, y si alguien tiene un numero para llamar a dell y me den soporte tecnico

gracias

No Events found!