Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

March 23rd, 2005 02:00

BIOS customizing

Is there any tool out there from Dell for corporate customers to customize the start up screen so we can put our company logo and our disclaimer?  

I know Intel has a build your own flash and I assume that's what Dell used for their but I want to modify it ours for the hundreds of laptops we get each year.

167 Posts

March 23rd, 2005 19:00

try this: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?releaseid=R55037

Message Edited by dssdbs on 03-23-2005 03:41 PM

March 23rd, 2005 20:00

Thanks, I already know of this.  I was wondering if I can get it to display a message during the POST and replacing the BMP with the company logo displays for a quick second.

Message Edited by Harvey_Comcast on 03-23-2005 04:27 PM

613 Posts

March 24th, 2005 12:00

hi,

the tool mentioned (Dell Portables POST Bitmap Update Program) replaces the POST bitmap (the Dell logo you see at boot time) with yours. It worked fine for me in the past.

I guess if that does not work you are looking for a changed Windows startup screen or desktop picture ?

sorry i misread your post.
You need to create a bitmap pic, which can be put into place by this Dell tool. Can the Intel tool do the job you need and then put the bmp into place using the Dell tool ?

BTW - we used the Dell svctag tool to put our company info on the boot screen. With a harddisk password in place this is the only info that can be shown (briefly) ( AFAIK ) before continuing the boot process.

hope this helps.

Message Edited by Rijko on 03-24-2005 05:38 PM

34 Posts

December 27th, 2012 23:00

i was in www.codeguru.com forum and they had the same thread in therei did not read it all. but they were talking about the same. putting company splash screen up...try there.. hope this helps

No Events found!