Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2011 07:00

BIOS doesn't execute in Inspiron Laptop 1501

Help me please.  Whenever I try to run a command using command prompt my bios comes up and immediately shuts down.  I went to the Dell website installed the Bios for my laptop, but when I downloaded it and tried to install it, the bios window came up with a quick flash and disappeared in about a 2 secs of showing up, as if it wasn't ever up.  I doesn't give me any options nor tells me any commandments nor warns me that it's going to restart, etc...  What could be the problem and what can I do to fix it?  Please help me someone.  Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 17th, 2011 07:00

Help me please.  Whenever I try to run a command using command prompt my bios comes up and immediately shuts down.  I went to the Dell website installed the Bios for my laptop, but when I downloaded it and tried to install it, the bios window came up with a quick flash and disappeared in about a 2 secs of showing up, as if it wasn't ever up.  I doesn't give me any options nor tells me any commandments nor warns me that it's going to restart, etc...  What could be the problem and what can I do to fix it?  Please help me someone.  Thank you.

I am not understanding what exactly you are wanting to do.

Install a BIOS?

Did you read the installation instructions?

1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled Win1501263.EXE.
    The Dell BIOS Flash window appears
  2. Click the Continue button.
    The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, then reboot. appears.
  3. Click the OK button.
    The system will restart and the BIOS Flash will be completed.

12 Posts

March 17th, 2011 08:00

Thanks very much for responding.  However, I did download and tried to install the Bios, but it didn't go through at all.  It didn't even give me the options that you mentioned.  It didn't give me the option to continue, nor the message to let me know that applications will be closed.  Instead, a dialogue box came up real quick for about 2 seconds and then disappeared.  The dialogue box looked like the command prompt box that comes up whenever you are trying to go into the bios.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 17th, 2011 08:00

Try downloading the BIOS exe file again.

12 Posts

March 17th, 2011 11:00

Ok.  I'll do that again.  I'll keep you posted on it as well.  Thanks for all the help.

12 Posts

March 17th, 2011 19:00

I really do thank you for the help, but I tried reinstalling it again, but it didn't work either.  It didn't give me any option at all, it just flashed a black dialogue box and came off in about 1 second and nothing else happened.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 17th, 2011 20:00

Don't know what it could be. Is your battery working. Sometimes a BIOS update can't happen without a battery with some charge.

Unless there is a good reason for updating the BIOS, it is best not to do it. Because if you doesn't go right, it can take down your laptop, and the only option left then is a motherboard replacement.

12 Posts

March 17th, 2011 21:00

You know what, I think you just hit the nail on the head, because my battery is dead and I just pretty much have it plugged in.  What if I remove the battery and tried to install it again, do you think that might work.  I believe that it should be up-to-date, so I don't think that I should have to install it again, so you might be right on that part.  And I think I'm going to take your advice on that one too, because I can't afford another laptop right now.

No Events found!