Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 20th, 2014 19:00

BSOD 0x00000116

Dell Inspiron N7010 (6Gb RAM) running Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit) keeps getting a BSOD as follows:

'attempt the  reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed. if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps. 
Check to make sure any new software or software is properly installed. 
stop: 0x00000116 ( 0XFFFFFA800C7EA4E0) ,0XFFFF88003605C98,0X000000000000000,0X12'

This all started yesterday when I uninstalled a few programs, rebooted and then ran the usual virus/malware scans (CCleaner, SpywareBlaster, SpyBot, MalwareBytes and Kaplinsky AntiVirus.

I've run the diagnostics from Dell's website, and received prompt that all was well with the hardware.   I've read that installing the latest video driver is suggested, but it doesn't seem to have positive results.    Can anyone out there direct me?   If there is anyway possible to avoid having to restore the laptop to factory defaults or in any other shape/form reformat HD and reinstall..... would be greatly appreciated.

Mich

8 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 07:00

Hi , 

It seems the graphic adapter was not able to provide the signals due to the driver failure . 

Just try to reboot your system in Safe mode with networking . 

Then after install the safemsi.exe

After that , update the graphic card driver from the Manufacturer''s website only like AMD or NVIDIA depending upon the graphic card . 

Reboot the machine , i believe everything works for you . 

No Events found!