Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2015 04:00

BSOD after Windows 10 update + battery problems

After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 about a week ago I got two BSODs. The first one happened randomly. I downloaded BlueScreenView to see what the problem was. It highlighted two drivers HDAudBus.sys and ntoskrnl.exe. I thought that this was maybe just a random crash so I didn't do anything. I started noticing another problem with my computer. When the battery was completly drained (fell asleep while watching a movie) I plugged in the power adapter and charged up the laptop. When it was done charging I wanted to boot it up, but it didn't want to start up again, so I removed the battery and waited a couple of seconds and put the battery back in and the computer started up normally. This didn't happen before on Windows 8.1. Today I also noticed that when I closed the computer lid (almost fully charged) and left it plugged into the power it did the exact same thing as when I drained the battery completly. I thought this was strange so I went and did a system check with the Dell tool. During the system analysis is when the second BSOD happened. The error description was DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So I checked the report with BlueScreen and there were two drivers highlighted. Nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel mode driver) and once again the ntoskrnl.exe. I would like to know how can I fix these problems, because I don't want to keep running into BSODs, especially when doing important school work and such. What drivers should I delete/replace/update.

P.S.: I am using a Dell Inspiron 17 5748 laptop.

4 Posts

October 4th, 2015 04:00

WhoCrashed report (since I can't upload the .dmp files to this forum)

EDIT: Compressed the files and uploaded a .rar with the dump files

On Sun 4. 10. 2015 09:58:36 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100415-36062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF800A1766A59)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800A1766A59)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.62
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.62
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 353.62 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 29. 09. 2015 19:44:06 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092915-39921-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14E240)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

1 Attachment

No Events found!