Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 15th, 2012 23:00

Battery Indicator

Hi,

I just got my new brand Alienware about 1-2wks ago and when i check beneath (by the plate) i saw a battery indicator so i want to know how do i use or activate that battery indicator, i click something or what because sometimes im in the go and i dont want to turn on the computer so i want to know how to use that battery indicator without turning on the computer. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 16th, 2012 00:00

Hi  SebasOre,

Welcome to the Community,

If you're referring to the Battery indicator led on the battery itself,it can be used to check the battery charge.To check the battery charge, press and release the status button on the battery charge gauge to illuminate the charge level lights. Each light represents approximately 20 percent of the total battery charge. For example, if four lights are on, the battery has 80 percent of its charge remaining. If no lights appear, the battery has no charge.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

6 Posts

October 16th, 2012 17:00

Ok thanlk you alot but my battery indicator is different so if you could know how to use that one and tell me i would really would appreciate it.

P.S. I already tried pressing the button (i know it sounds dumb but i dont know any other option)

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 17th, 2012 04:00

Hi  SebasOre,

As per the picture you've posted the five LEDs and the status button is called the Battery Charge Gauge on your system model.

It can be used as follows:

To check the battery charge, press the status button. The number of LEDs that light up indicate the remaining battery charge. Each LED accounts for approximately 20% charge.

To check the battery health, press and hold the status button for at least 3 seconds. The LEDs indicate the following:

No lights – Battery in good condition and approximately more than 80% of the original charge capacity remains.

One to four lights – Approximately 60% to 80% of the original charge capacity remains. Each light represents approximately 5% degradation.

Five lights – Approximately less than 60% of the original charge capacity remains. Battery replacement is suggested.

Hope  this answers your question.

6 Posts

October 17th, 2012 16:00

Again help alot but what is the location of the key you are talking about (an image would be appreciated). I know it sounds noob but i just got my alienware so i dont know that much about it, but i know how to change color and everything like that.

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 18th, 2012 00:00

Hi  SebasOre,

I am referring to the same picture which you posted.The 5 LEDs  and status button(battery icon) highlighted below is called the Battery Charge Gauge.

6 Posts

October 18th, 2012 16:00

Whats the status button you say before. is what im asking

6 Posts

October 18th, 2012 18:00

were is it?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 19th, 2012 01:00

Hi SebasOre,

I've highlighted the status button in the image below:

6 Posts

October 20th, 2012 13:00

if the status button is to hard to press or i feel im going to break it?

4 Operator

• 

4.4K Posts

October 25th, 2012 07:00

Sorry for the delay in response.It should not be hard to press.You just need  to press the button normally (without much force) and hold it for 3 seconds to get the  LED to light up.If it does not light up or there is no light it indicates Battery is in good condition and approximately more than 80% of the original charge capacity remains.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 13:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.            

No Events found!