Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2017 13:00

Battery malfunctioning

Hello,

My laptop model is a Dell Inspiron 3442, running Windows 10. I've recently reset it in order to use it for another job.

With the laptop completely reset, I've noticed the battery wasn't recognized anymore.

"QuickSet" popups saying that I should turn off the laptop and wait for it to cooldown would appear frequently, even though I could feel the battery was at room temperature.

I've always used the laptop connected to an outlet at all times, because if I unplug it, the laptop instantly shuts down.

But soon I'll need to use the laptop remotely (with no outlet nearby), and I need to get this fixed.

After you shoot me with the same solutions, I'll be listing here what I've already tried:

• Turning OFF, unplugging from outlet from a couple of seconds, removing battery, turning ON, uninstalling that battery device thingy from the Device Manager, turning OFF, putting the battery back on, turning ON.
  • Using Dell Suport software to diagnose
  • Installing the BIOS (but it would require 10% of the battery full)
  • Running that diagnose thingy at Dell website with Dell Device Dection System thingy

Well, if there is any information I've missed spreading, just let me know. :)

-Guilherme

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 19th, 2017 17:00

Please check status of battery health and AC adapter in the BIOS. Please follow steps below:

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F2 key continuously. You should be in the BIOS. The status of adapter usually is listed under the main screen or battery information.

The adapter should say the adapter type, if it says 'Unknown' or 'None', then it's a issue with the adapter, and most likely needs to replace with a Dell genuine adapter that suitable for the system. Note: Wiggle the adapter's end while checking it in the BIOS.

The status of the battery health should be listed under the Advanced screen or battery information. It should say "Your Battery Is Performing Normally " or "Excellent"

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 20th, 2017 08:00