Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2016 04:00

Battery only charges to 82%

Using Dell inspiring 3521

When battery reaches 82% it says plugged in not charging .I installed bios update,resetted battery.nothing happens.same result.reseted bios to default same result

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 19th, 2016 10:00

:emotion-2:

Please check to see if Airplane mode is off in Settings(Network & Settings) and the Taskbar.You may also check battery and ac adapter health in the BIOS. It should be listed under the Advance heading. Lastly, please click on the link below and watch video for possible solution.

FIXED! Windows 10 Plugged In, Not Charging  

www.youtube.com/watch

3 Posts

March 20th, 2016 07:00

I did exactly in the video it charges additional 2% then same problem . Now my battery reached 88%

I checked the aeroplane mode it is off.my battery health is fine and adapter is also fine

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 20th, 2016 18:00

:emotion-2:

Method 1 - Update Battery & AC adapter 

a) Press windows key + X key at the same time, Device Manager

b) Expand Batteries,  Right click ACPI - Compliant Battery and Microsoft AC adapter, then update them

Method 2

a) Press windows key + X key, Task Manager, Windows Explorer - right click, and then End Task. Stroll to top of page, click File, Run New Task, type explorer.exe, and then ok

Method 3

Please type " Troubleshooting control panel" into the Cortana search bar. On the left side of the screen, select View all then select

3 Posts

March 29th, 2016 01:00

Tried all methods no luck ........same problem.......but when my battery hits low it automatically sleeps and if I starts again after reaches 0%charge I can use more than 30min in that battery

No Events found!