Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2009 13:00

Battery problem, dell inspiron 1525

Hello guys, i am new here.
I have a problem with my laptop and i have no one to ask.
I have a DELL inspiron 1525 about 1year and 4 months now and he is causing me problems with the battery. i rarely use it on battery but when i do, it lasts approximatively 2h-2h15 with wireless, like... a month ago i did that... but now... he just crashed at 40-38% battery without a warning... just suddenly battery empty -> stand by. When i recharge it turned off, it goes up to 100% an then it last till 40-38%. Then, my laptop on, I try to charge it but it only charges at about 53% (i tried 3 times, empty battery, then recharge, laptop on and working) and then the sign for charging battery becomes the one showing me that is on AC power. Also, the LED that shows me when the battery charges, turns off. If i use it on battery from that 53% level... it lasts about 1h... like... a half from the initial time. I really cannot understand where is the problem. I am the only user... i cannot see where i went wrong with it.
In conclusion: if i recharge it turned off, it goes till 100% and the i used till 40% and crashes, suddenly battery empty signal;
if i recharge it turned on and using it, it goes till 53% and it tells me like... it is full and it doesnt want to recharge more. ..
Please, i could really use some help.

Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

Sounds like a failed or failing battery. Not using it much can cause early failure. The battery has a longer life if you regularly use and recharge it. Remove it and use just the adapter if you don't want to replace the battery. It's expensive to buy another--around $135. It will run without the battery installed.

3 Posts

Hmmm... really? I mean.. can this happen only in some "areas" of the battery? And why so sudden?  I use it with the battery in place and AC power cord connected. It there anything i could do now? Like... to test the battery for it;s integrity or it's failure? Does it exist a test like this? I try to explain myself what happened and all i find is that ... the battery cut itself in half :))) :-??

Any advice... will be gladly accepted. Thank you.

:(

171 Posts

July 15th, 2009 15:00

I have only had my inspiron 1525 for a couple of months. I have not had any trouble with the battery yet, but from reading posts here, I do not expect the battery to last more than 2 years at best.

About the only thing you can do at this point is to run your battery though a few complete cycles. Charge the battery completely, then run the laptop on the battery power until it needs charging again. Do this for at least 3 or 4 complete cycles. If you still see no improvement, then you will need a new battery. I would get one off of eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Laptop-Battery-For-DELL-Inspiron-1525-1526-RN873-GW240_W0QQitemZ260371927432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3c9f605188&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

3 Posts

July 16th, 2009 16:00

10q for the answers, i guess i'll have to get used to the idea... :emotion-6:

I see now that it changed the "usual" but still it  cant hold longer than 1.15h...

1 Message

September 1st, 2009 16:00

I'm having with the same problem with my battery and the AC charger. Sometimes it won't even charge unless i play with the socket while its plugged in. The battery now barely lasts over an hour when at 100%, it's annoying this is why i'm giving up with all pc laptops. 

No Events found!