Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 7th, 2013 17:00

Battery working but light flashes and Dell utility says Battery is not connected

I have an e6530 right from the beginning the users has had trouble with the battery.   It runs off the battery, but the indicator shows that the battery is not connected.   When on the docking station it will show a battery at some percent charged, or no battery present.   When you have it off the docking station it shows no battery, even though it will run with no power adapter.   I have tried reseating the battery, numerous times.   I don't have another battery of that type yet to see if it is the battery of the laptop.  I would say its some driver issue, except that the battery light on top of the notebook keyboard flashes amber as soon as you turn the computer on, before the OS starts.   That light flashes docked or undocked.

Any ideas what this might be and how to resolve it.  I did not find anything when googling.   I found numerous posts of power supplies not being recognized, but none of battery not being recognized.

Please advise.

PS:  I just ordered a replacement 6 cell so that I could try swapping batteries to see if that makes any difference.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 7th, 2013 18:00

Hi fzilz,

Please update the BIOS and check if that helps.

Download the latest version of BIOS using the following link: http://dell.to/GJFuxO

Follow the below mentioned steps to update the BIOS:

1. Ensure to connect the AC Adapter to the computer and the battery charge is above 15%.
  2. Close all the open programs and make sure to save all the data in the computer.
  3. Run the previously downloaded BIOS setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to update the BIOS.
  4. Restart the computer when prompted.

Please post the results.

36 Posts

October 8th, 2013 10:00

I tried to flash the bios but it won't because the Battery and Power supply need to be connected.    I am going to try a DOS boot update of the Bios and see if that works.

36 Posts

October 8th, 2013 15:00

Today the battery was recognized again, but the light was still flashing etc.   But this allowed me to flash the BIOS.  And after the update to Bios 12 the battery light went to white no more flashing amber.    It looks like this may have fixed the issue.   Thank you.   I will post back if there are nay further issues.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

October 8th, 2013 18:00

Hi fzilz,

Glad that the issue is resolved. I appreciate all your efforts in fixing the problem. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!