Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 8th, 2013 02:00

Before Welcome and After Windows Logo on startup black screen with the mouse pointer on the center

Hello i have an Dell Inspiron N5110 i7 2.20 Ghz with 4 GB Ram and i have the Windows 7 Home Premium. The problem is on startup before welcome and after the windows logo for about 20 seconds have black screen with the mouse pointer on the center. Also i saw on msconfig on startup and only the intel Corporation is marked.   

What can i do????Any ideas??? Please help!!!!  

3.1K Posts

June 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

Please go to msconfig -> click on Services tab -> check the box Hide all Microsoft services, check the Services running. Please post a screenshot.

I would suggest a clean re-installation of the video drivers. That is, uninstalling and re-installing the video drivers. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager (Start -- Control Panel -- Device Manager).
  • Expand the tab for Display Adapters and right click the video card.
  • From the drop down menu, select “Uninstall”.
  • Ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Once the drivers are uninstalled, re-install the latest drivers Video drivers -> choose the operating system -> expand Video -> Download Intel Graphics Driver
  • Restart the computer and check the functionality.

Please reply with the findings.

33 Posts

June 8th, 2013 05:00

Yes thanks a lot man!!!! That fix the problem thanks again

3.1K Posts

June 8th, 2013 05:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

I’m delighted to hear that! Feel free to reach out in case you have any questions in the future.

33 Posts

June 9th, 2013 02:00

Man the problem came again after shut down the computer what can i do ????

3.1K Posts

June 11th, 2013 04:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

There is a possibility that some software might be conflicting. I would suggest you to disable the start up items in a sequence. May be disable first 4 programs and check. Then another 4 programs and so on.

You may watch the video on 'Stop Startup Programs with MSCONFIG' to manage the start up items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MnO8T_4uUbQ

Also, click on Services tab -> check the box Hide all Microsoft services, check the Services running. Please post a screenshot.

Please reply with the findings.

33 Posts

June 11th, 2013 05:00

33 Posts

June 11th, 2013 05:00

The other servises that hidden it's stopped i check it!!!

3.1K Posts

June 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi Dimitris2434,

Thank you for sharing the video. This looks normal. I have checked in one of our lab system. The behavior was pretty much the same. Please ensure that Windows Updates are up-to-date.

No Events found!