Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

February 6th, 2016 08:00

Bios, Battery and Fan

Dell Inspiron 9400 E1705

4gig RAM 250 GIG hard drive, duo 2500 processors

Installed Win7 SP1, installed all drivers in proper order, did all windows updates, device drivers shows everything is ok.

What are the odds battery and Fan both quit at the same time?

Ran F12 Diag and everything passed.

Using A10 Bios, should I or can I revert to A09 or flash A10 again?

Have another identical machine with xp, battery driver for it is 5.1.2535.0 on the Win7 machine battery driver is Microsoft ACI, may not make any difference, just installed a new battery seems to be holding charge, fan still not coming on, cleaned it to no avail.

Help

27 Posts

February 6th, 2016 09:00

Has anyone tried this

http://www.diefer.de/i8kfan/

27 Posts

February 7th, 2016 11:00

Also literally thousands of posts about battery plugged in not charging. I tried all I could find here and online, new battery, new A/C adapter still shows not charging. Is this a Win7 problem?

Bios show battery fine, it is 50% but not charging

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 7th, 2016 14:00

Does the system recognize the AC adapter (F2 at powerup to check)?

If not, the battery won't charge.  And if so, and you've already changed the adapter and battery -- it's either the power jack or the mainboard that's at fault.

On some systems, the jack is replaceable -- that'd be the next thing to replace if it is on your system.

27 Posts

February 7th, 2016 14:00

Thanks for the reply. It does recognize the a/c adapter. Is there a Fn plus F_ key on the 9400 to enable battery charging?

If you google it there are thousands of post "battery not charging" hard to believe that that many have adapter or battery problems after the win7 install.

No Events found!