Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

January 3rd, 2017 04:00

Bios password bypass

Hi i have a dell latitude e4300 is it correct that if you remove the little battery in the computer it resets the password  as when i turn the laptop on  its asking for the system or the admin password

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Sounds like the system board is bad.  

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

No.  The only way to get past the password if it's unknown is to call Dell, verify your system ownership and obtain a master password for your system.  There is a charge for the call unless the system is under warranty, and you MUST place a voice call - there is no other way.

I have rang dell i put the code in they gave me but it wont accept it ......it wont let me accessany thing once the dell logo has gone off it just brings up the  system or admin code screen

January 3rd, 2017 05:00

It was working before coz i was loading the windows screen

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 05:00

Did you set the password, or did it suddenly appear?  If the latter, the board has likely failed.  If you set the password, lost it and the code they provided you doesn't work, has the mainboard or service tag been changed at any point in the system's history?

January 3rd, 2017 06:00

My daughter set the password then forgot it....as far as im aware nothings been changed in the systems history .......all i know is the computer guy who had it before put windows 10 on it

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 08:00

One way or another, if the master password Dell generated fails to unlock the system, the only solution is a replacement mainboard.

No Events found!