Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2012 09:00

Black Screen? Sizzling? HELP!!

I've had my inspiration 15 notebook since the christmas of '09 now. My hard drive had crashed on me before, technical support came in fixed my harddrive and gave me a new battery but that was the only problem I had until a few months ago. My dad bought me a new charger earlier this year (2012) since my old one was giving me problems. Around February the little piece that the pin of the charger slips into on the laptop broke out. I was scared but as long as my laptop was plugged in I could still go on it. (I took the battery out during this time because with my earlier misshap, the gentleman told me when the laptop was plugged in I should remove the battery once in a while) . Sometime in march my computer stopped turning on. The light would come on orange to signal the laptop was plugged in but the screen would stay black. My warranty was already expired so I sat aside my computer. Sometime in april or may I tried to turn it on again but as soon as I plugged in the charger, the computer made a sizzle noise. The charger still holds charger but the computer's light wont turn on anymore. Terrified I sat aside the computer again until today. A month away from my birthday and two till christmas, now is the time when I will have the money to repair it. I tried again to plug in and turn on my laptop, charger holds charge but my laptop sizzled and the light did not come on. Help!??!

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Hi TheFightBack,

Please let me know the exact system model that you own.

As the pin on the charging port is broken, the power port would have to be replaced. Some systems have the power port integrated on the motherboard and might require the motherboard to be replaced.

Dell has a specialized department for such issues, known as the Out of Warranty Repairs department. You may get in touch with them to check the options for repair and the cost and time involved.

To call them, please open the link below and enter the Service Tag of your system:

http://dell.to/M1q2hK

Press ‘Continue’. It would give the number that you can call for the Out of Warranty Repair department in your region.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I will be glad to help.

On an Inspiron 1545 system, the complete motherboard needs to be replaced to resolve this issue. If you would be comfortable replacing the parts on your own, you can get in touch with Dell Spare Parts department to order a motherboard service kit. You may call Dell Spare Parts department at 1-800-357-3355 between 7 AM - 9 PM CST Monday to Friday and 8 AM - 6 PM CST on weekends.

I would suggest that you contact the Out of Warranty Repairs department to get the system checked and repaired.You may contact Dell Out-of-Warranty support at 1-800-288-4410 from 8 AM to 8 PM Central time, Monday to Friday.

Let me know if you need further information. I will be happy to help.

I own a Inspiron 1545, model #PP41L. And thank you so much!

October 18th, 2012 17:00

I contacted out of warranty repairs department and even though I asked a lot of questions, some answers she wasn't entirely clear on. She told me it would be $179 that would include a 3 month warranty, fixing of anything broken and the total shipping all ways. But she didnt answer me on how long the process would be and if the motherboard needed to be fixed how much that would cost. Please help if you can.

October 22nd, 2012 12:00

Thank you for replying.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide the Service Tag of your system, so that I may access your system records. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

I will check the records and see what I can do to get this addressed.

3.8K Posts

May 29th, 2013 07:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                    

No Events found!