Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 23rd, 2014 09:00

Black screen and 8 beeps on inspiron 15R 5521

I've had a problem with my LCD for a while now. For around six months the screen sometimes turns black unless it is at a particular degree to the keyboard. For example, at 90 degrees there is a good chance that the screen will flicker and will mostly be black. More than 90 usually works.

Couple days ago I turned my laptop off and before it shut down left the room. When I came back after 15 minutes I heard the beeping sound. I turned the laptop off immediately.  After that, every time I turn on laptop, nothing happens apart from beeping. I tried 'D' and then turn on. Also f12. Nothing changes, screen stays black. I also removed battery and pressed on turn on in order to get rid of excess charge. Nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Ive been playing some games lately and laptop has been heating a lot. If that also helps.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 23rd, 2014 21:00

Hi wilsontom,

It seems like an issue with the LCD screen. Please connect the system to an external display to check if it works.

2 Posts

December 24th, 2014 07:00

I don't have an external display but let's say it worked. Any way I can fix LCD without shipping it to dell?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

December 26th, 2014 21:00

Hi wilsontom,

If the external display works then you will need to replace the LCD screen on the system. You may refer the manual to remove and replace the LCD screen Please punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating LCD screen.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

1 Message

February 3rd, 2015 14:00

I have a very similar situation with a laptop (Dell Inspiron 15r-5221). The display was broken and after replacement, I am getting 8 beeps. I've reseated the cables after replacing the display from a unit off ebay. Still eight beeps. I have tried connecting to my monitor via the HDMI port. Still eight beeps. Can you please advise? Thank you!

Bryan

No Events found!