Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2014 19:00

Blank screen Inspiron 1750 laptop

I turned on my computer today and the Resuming Windows notice came up followed by Dell logo which I clicked on and the screen went blank. Have tried obvious things like disconnecting from mains power and switching back on with no joy.  Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem please?

JANE C

November 10th, 2014 00:00

Hi 19RICHARD74,

Welcome to community.

The problem could be with the hardware or software of the computer

Running the hardware diagnostics can help in checking if there is any hardware problem. Follow the steps below to run hardware diagnostics.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping the F12 key on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. From the One time boot menu select Diagnostics and Press Enter.
  4. It runs a test on all the hardware components.
  5. If it test fails please capture the error code and let me know the error code, I would tell you the next course of action.

In case the test passes, follow the next steps. Check in Safe Mode with Networking.

1. Restart the computer.
  2. Keep tapping F8 on the Dell Logo Screen.
  3. Once the computer enters Advanced Boot Option, select Safe Mode with Networking.
  4. Press Enter.

Check if the computer is doing the same thing in safe mode with networking.

If yes, please try the following steps below:

Please run the LCD BIST on the laptop to check if there is any problem with the LCD screen.

To initiate LCD BIST:

• Connect the AC adapter to your computer.
  • Hold the letter <D> on your keyboard and then turn on your computer.
    You will see four colors (grey, red, green, and blue) on the screen in a sequence.

If you see any colors on the screen the LCD screen is fine.

Try to run the PSA diagnostics to check all the hardware functionality of the system , as you are not able to see anything on the screen launch the PSA by holding and power on the laptop.

As the laptop power button is on, the laptop is receiving the power but not able to display anything.

Check if the computer is giving out any beep sounds, and make a note of the beeps and post the beep count.

Please reply for further help.

No Events found!