Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2016 14:00

Blown Motherboard after 4 weeks of use? How do I reach customer service for faulty equipment?

I have for weeks, sought out a contact to Dell's customer service, product feedback department with no success!  I purchased a Dell lap top to give as a gift - 4 weeks later computer doesn't turn on.  Had to go to Geek Squad (worst experience ever, I am going on one month of the computer in repair), can't return because the policy is 30 days and I was one day past it. 

How is it that companies can do this?  Really, the motherboard blows in 4 weeks!?  I am very disappointed with my entire experience from both Dell and Geek Squad and will deal with Geek Squad next.  As for Dell - where is your contact info to discuss your faulty equipment and is 4 weeks really reasonable?  Seriously, you think that a computer totally shutting down after 4 weeks is a good product.  Someone from Dell - please address this?  I don't understand and I am to be penalized as a consumer and where are companies who stand behind their products?   Need an appropriate contact to address this.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

February 13th, 2016 09:00

There is no way around having to call into tech support for repair. You won't find a contact that will help you resolve it outside of their support structure. Call them.

Really, the motherboard blows in 4 weeks!?

It isn't a conspiracy. As with ALL electronics, they can fail. It is part of the experience of using electronics. They don't design them to fail in 4 weeks, nor do they use shoddy equipment that is prone to fail in a matter of weeks. You just are a victim of a numbers game that could happen to anyone. Dell will fix it, but it is up to you to initiate that process.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 13th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

Please click on the link below to check for any warranty on the computer. If there's warranty, contact Dell at 1-800-288-4410 or if there isn't  a warranty contact Dell technical support at 1-800-624-9896.

Warranty Status:

www.dell.com/.../products;

No Events found!