Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 22nd, 2013 07:00

Blu Ray playing software

I've just recently had to replace the hardrive in my Inspiron laptop (due to being a prat) and I have lost my PowerDVD program that was pre installed when I bought the laptop. Is there anyway I can get this back without having to pay for it or is there another way I can play my blu rays?

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 07:00

Hi Ry88,

You can download PowerDVD software from My Dell Downloads. Click on the link http://bit.ly/9sK3DH -> choose your country -> click Continue to register your computer (follow the on-screen instructions). Please ensure to use Internet Explorer browser only.

Please reply if you have any questions.

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2013 11:00

Sorted!    THANK YOU! :emotion-2:

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

April 23rd, 2013 09:00

Hi Ry88,

Glad to know the issue is resolved. Do reach out in case you have any further questions.

1 Message

May 19th, 2013 10:00

Hi I am dealing with same issue however I followed all the steps and the icon is on my player but now the movie doesn't play.. is there something I did wrong

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

May 21st, 2013 11:00

Hi cmsarez512,

Please elaborate the issue so that I can assist you further.

May I know the exact system model and the operating system installed on your computer.
Were you able to play BluRay disc earlier on your computer?
Did you make any hardware or software changes?
Do you have PowerDVD installed on your computer?

Awaiting your response. 

1 Message

January 26th, 2014 06:00

I Know a software named UFUSoft Blu-ray Player is one easy-to-use player for Windows 7/8/8.1/XP/Vista PC. It can help users enjoy any Blu-ray movie with outstanding and perfect video quality at home. This amazing player can not only play Blu-ray Disc, but also support Blu-ray folder and ISO image files. This Blu-ray Player is reliable and expert in playing Blu-ray discs released in different regions and dates trough simple clicks of mouse.

http://www.ufusoft.com/blu-ray-player/

UFUSoft Blu-ray Player is also capable of playing popular video files. Users can enjoy videos in HD video, AVCHD video, MTS, M2TS, MXF, TS, TRP, MKV, MPEG, FLV, WMV, and MP4, etc. formats.

The following is what the windows blu-ray player can do for you:

* Play Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder and ISO files.

* Support playing popular video files.

* Bring users 1080P HD video watching experience.

* Play blu-ray movies with DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD Audio.

* Support Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Win Vista, etc.

2 Posts

July 7th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

I use a Blu-ray Player that help me to enjoy Blu-ray movies on my portable device. It also supports Blu-ray folder or Blu-ray ISO file. It is very easy to use and solves your issue in just few clicks. 

1 Message

January 14th, 2016 17:00

I've run into this with OEM PowerDVD installs before.  It's camouflaged trialware.  The version that ships with Computers "free" has problems (their admission from their support staff) actually playing Blu Ray movies. when asked about it, they attempt to sell you the Pro version, stating it is "More compatible"

This has been going on with PowerDVD for years, and most likely will not change.

You get what you pay (or don't) for.

August 18th, 2017 21:00

You can install a Blu-ray Player.www.f2fsoft.com/.../

2 Posts

August 21st, 2017 19:00

You can dowload other region free Blu ray player.

No Events found!