Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2011 15:00

Blue Screen Error - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL relating to driver e1k6232.sys

I have a brand new Dell E6410 Laptop with Windows 7 installed.  When perform various functions I get a Blue Screen Error - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.  Under Technical Information in the error callout it states:

***STOP: 0x000000D1

(000000034, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,0x93016171)

e1k6232.sys - ADDRESS 93016171 base AT 93000000, Date Stamp 4bbae470

After reviewing the Microsoft website I see that a lot of Dell users have written in with this vary same problem and the problem is being associated with the driver for the Eternet card.  It appears by the Microsoft forum that a lot of users with the problem have tried numerous network card driver changes with no success while one user indicates the only way to fix the problem is to roll back the NIC to the ones that are automatically installed by Windows 7.  One othe ruser states INTEL has determined it to be their driver and has developed a new driver that was found to create another problem and that release of the fix is pending.

Does Dell have experience with this issue? What does Dell recommend?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

1 Message

March 18th, 2011 01:00

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_EQUAL error is the most commonly encountered blue screen error code by Windows users. It is thrown when one of the drivers on your computer attempts to access a memory location while the OS is using the same location. The normal troubleshooting method for this error code is to identify new software or hardware that has been installed or upgraded on your computer and remove it or regress to a previous version of the driver

Find The below link for more details about blue screen error

http://system-helper.blogspot.com/2011/03/getting-blue-screen-error.html

1 Message

September 16th, 2012 23:00

Yes, I did this & it seems that this error belongs to Network Driver ..

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

May 20th, 2013 14:00

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\e1k6232.sys

product: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter

company: Intel Corporation

description: Intel(R) Gigabit Adapter NDIS 6.x driver

Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device, v.11.6.92.0, A06
Intel ethernet network driver for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7

INTEL_825XX-GIGABIT-PLATFORM_A06_R290983.exe

2 Posts

May 20th, 2013 14:00

I also have this same laptop and I am having the same problem. It error identifies the IBM network card, using the driver e1k6232.sys.

What can I do to correct this problem. This is a corporate laptop, so I will have to explain this to a contract IT person.

Thanks a lot,

Laurel

2 Posts

May 20th, 2013 15:00

I know exactly what this driver is. Why does it not work with the DELL laptop configuration? 

I have a ACS 6400W7 ImageV1. I am running a completely updated Windows 7. I have had this problem for three years, but it was only two or three times a year. Now it is 5 or 6 times a day, as of the latest update.

What is the conflict between the hardware and the driver?? I could not find an IRQ problem or a memory conflict. So it must be hardware. I cannot be the only person having this problem, because the internet has several hundred people relating this same problem. These problems are recorded for the last four years. Nothing new, obviously.

Solution, Please.

Lori

No Events found!