Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2009 08:00

Blue Screen - driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error

i am running an Inspiron 6000 with XP Home and a Dell Wireless 1350 Card to access internet. My problem of late is that i keep getting the above referenced blue screen error.

I have run several virus/spyware/malware/adware checks, all resulting in negative results. So, i don't think i'm pushing a corrupt system. I'm trying to avoid a complete restore, but am about to throw in the towel.

I first noticed this error when plugging into a printer i've been using for years, and never had a problem with. After that, i noticed the error only kicking in when i was connected via the wireless to the internet. I'm going to load any and every driver update i can find that may work for this, but are there any other suggestions out there?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks - Jeff

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 16th, 2009 07:00

The most common cause of this error is a failing hard drive that has developed bad sectors - F12 at powerup, choose diagnostics, and run the extended -- NOT just the quick test on the drive.

1 Message

July 16th, 2009 07:00

I am also getting the same message from my Inspiron 6000 laptop. (

The message specifically says: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)  then, later on the same screen it says: 0x000000D1, 0xE1906000, 0x0000002, 0x00000000, 0xAA77CA60)

I am wondering if anyone responded to your dilemma. 

Just before getting the same bluescreen again, I hit F8 and selected "go back to when times were good button" (it said something like that).

Now I am in that sector of my computer's life and I have no idea if the problem is going to occur again (by the way, I have no idea why it occurred in the first place) or if I just saved my computer from being rebuilt. OR if I cannot turn it off again without starting over.

any help will be greatly appreciated!

Abbey

No Events found!