Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2012 15:00

Blue Screen: stop: 0x000000F4

I have a dell laptop inspiron 1545. A blue screen comes out when I start it. It says: A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exit.

STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x86C9AD40, 0x86C9AEAC, 0x82C72200)

943 Posts

October 25th, 2012 16:00

Hi

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would like to know exactly when you are getting this error message, at the time of login or while working on your system.

I would suggest you to run Dell Diagnostics on the system, to run dell diagnostics, Turn on the system, press at the initial Dell logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.

If diagnostics pass, please install latest version of system BIOS from the below mentioned link. Please select correct operating system. Also make sure battery is more than 10% charge and AC Adapter is plugged in while updating BIOS.

Also, ensure that the machine has latest service pack installed. 

http://dell.to/Rg89Oa

Please reply if you have any further questions                                                         

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

26 Posts

October 25th, 2012 18:00

Hey  zoigee!

Have you recently updated any drivers?

This happened to me last week. Every time I awoke my computer from sleep, it would freeze and show the stop 0x000000F4 error.

It turns out it was the Intel Rapid Storage driver that I downloaded directly from Intel. I thought I would update it.

Once I uninstalled it and re-installed the IRST from Dell's site, which was made for my model laptop, the problem was fixed.

Best regards.

3.8K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 04:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                            

No Events found!