Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

July 5th, 2007 04:00

BlueTooth 355 Bluetooth + EDR

i just bought my xps m1210 about 4 days, my bluetooth was working fine until today when I turned the power on it asked me to insert a disc for the bluetooth driver. I then downloaded the driver from dell website, but when i installed, my system said the new updated driver is already installed on my computer. I checked the device manager and I saw the yellow exclamation mark, meaning the device is setup incorrect. None of the discs in the package when i bought my laptop has this driver. So, every time now, when I turned on the computer, a message window pop-up request to insert a disc because It found new bluetooth hardware. I just let it search by itself both on internet and in my system, but still no good.The device in device manager said working properly, but why it keeps asking my for the disc???.  I'm really appreciated your time, I need your help. Thank you very much.
Ken

I just bought this laptop for only 4 days, should I contact the technical support at Dell for this matter??

Message Edited by webken on 07-05-2007 12:45 AM

54 Posts

July 5th, 2007 08:00

Try using system restore to the day and time it was previously working this can normally solve issues like this!

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System restore

59 Posts

July 5th, 2007 23:00

Hey, I was having a similar problem with mine and it sounds like not only a driver issue, but maybe a firmware issue as well. What I did was download the driver Here and then you will need to pull up your device manager, go to the device, click "uninstall driver". Now you should have an unknown usb device. Now install the driver software you downloaded from dell, but (very crucial) do not do anything while the software is downloading and installing the firmware update, this can damage the device. After that, the stack and the Bluetooth Manager should load. On a side note, If you already have the bluetooth manager installed you will need to uninstall that before uninstalling the driver. Good luck!
No Events found!