Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 22nd, 2014 18:00

Bluescreen error on inspiron N5110 i7

hi my n5110 i7 is running windows 7 64 bit, not sure what's happened it turns to blue screen in the midst of running, would you please advise what to be done? I am now running peas pre-boot thorough test mode to see if there is any trouble... thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2014 13:00

ss707,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Just a reminder that Windows 7 using automatic updates, if they're not installed in 24 hours, Windows will shutdown and install the updates(usually the second Tuesday of the month).

Take care,

Rick

14 Posts

July 29th, 2014 17:00

I am so sorry to say..the same blue screen happen this afternoon :(, the error message is AE6000w764.sys..look like the same issue..what should I do?? Please help thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2014 19:00

ss707,

You have an Intel wireless adapter. Unless you're using some type of usb wireless device or a mobile card of some type, then file should not be needed that is causing the BSOD.

1. Ralink Technology, Corp. was a Wi-Fi chipset manufacturer mainly known for their IEEE 802.11 chipsets. Originally founded in 2001 in Cupertino, California, Ralink moved its headquarters to Hsinchu, Taiwan.
    Headquarters: JHUBEI

Founded: January 2001

I have someone looking to see if something else on this system is made by Railink

Farooq do you know of anything on this system that is made by Railink?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 29th, 2014 22:00

ss787,

At this point, I suspect the adapter.

What virus program and firewall are you using? Make and model of your wireless router? What type of security and what channel? WPA/WPA2 Personal(TKIP) Security and try channel 11. You may have to make a new SSID to make connecting easier. You can manage connections and remove the problem connection.

When you go to network and sharing center, is there a local connection? If yes, this needs removed in manage wireless networks.

Remove the usb adapter. Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Start, control panel, network and sharing center, click on your connection, properties.(You might have to go to change adapter settings, right click on wireless connection, left click on properties.

Look for TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 and click on properties for each. Have your settings match mine.

Rick

6 Posts

the service tag is , AE6000 is from linksys, thanks.

6 Posts

Hi Rick, you are right, I am using a CISCO AE6000 usb dual band WIFI adaptor. I have no idea what is Ralink technology, I don't think however it is the AE6000 usb. I don't know where that come from.

I have copied the windows error message from the blue screen error for your info as below

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000406F8
BCP4: FFFFF88006E1C7EF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072914-25974-01.dmp
C:\Users\ss\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-126454-0.sysdata.xml

Would that be the conflict with my usb wifi adaptor? I removed the adapter for testing then I found I have no internet connection at all.

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2014 17:00

ss787,

Let's try a different approach.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, programs and features, look and see if anything there is Ralink. If yes, then uninstall it, then restart your computer.

Go to...

C:\Program Files

Look for a Railink folder and see if there is an uninstaller in the folder. If yes, uninstall it. If no, then delete the folder

Go to...

C:\Program Files (x86)

Look for a Railink folder and see if there is an uninstaller in the folder. If yes, uninstall it. If no, then delete the folder

Then see if the blue screen happens. There is no Railink item(s) on this model.

Rick

6 Posts

July 30th, 2014 18:00

Hi Rick,

thanks,  I looked up from control panel, program files and program files86, there is no railink.

I have also look up in the RCP/IPv4..the setting is same as your jpg

however, there is something wrong shown in the device manager

also, I don't know where the internet is lost when I remove the USB wifi adapter....

how to make system restore point? THANKS

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 30th, 2014 19:00

ss787,

Did you install the drivers for the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030/Advanced-N 6230 Bluetooth Adapter Driver? These drivers are for your network adapter.

How to Create a System Restore Point in Windows 7

Rick

6 Posts

July 30th, 2014 21:00

yes I did install the driver, and just reinstall again...the network controller still show problem..herewith the error message.. I also try to search for driver but it didn't find.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2014 16:00

ss787,

Right click on the problem item in device manager, left click. update driver software. see if it installs the device and drivers. If not, then right click on the problem device, left click uninstall, then restart your computer.

When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the device, it may fail. Install the drivers. Try fn and F2 to enable the device and see if it installs and turns on.

Is your system under warranty?

Rick

6 Posts

August 1st, 2014 20:00

Hi Rick

I have tried to uninstall and restart the laptop, not sure how it goes, I will update you if it restarts /bluescreen again.

below please find the what'scrash report

Conclusion

11 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 10 are included in this report. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ae6000w764.sys (Ralink 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver, Ralink Technology Corp.)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

I checked every folders as suggested by you, as well as device manager, i don't have ralink anywhere, not sure how it get crashed. I am using a linksys wifi router and a usb wifi adapter, ae6000 as the dell laptop has a not as strong reception to my router (as it drops down in the middle of surfing)

I suspect the crash is from one of the network adapter, since i've updated the driver, in the network controller it showed the exclamation mark. there is no driver available to download so I've uninstalled it...

hope that I don't need to reformat the laptop to get it completely working perfectly.

Thanks!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2014 21:00

ss787,

Download and install Search Everything

In search type...

ae6000w764

See if the file was removed from your computer. If it wasn't, it will show where the file is located.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

ss787,

Yes, restart the computer and see if everything works. Then monitor and see if there are any more BSOD's

You have a system restore point, if you need to use it.

Rick

6 Posts

I found it! It's in C:windows/system/driver

I deleted the sys file..should I restart the computer now?

No Events found!