Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2011 14:00

Bluetooth Card Not Working On Inspiron N5010.

where shall i start. basically i have a Dell Inspiron N5010. it has a internal bluetooth card. i know that cause i used it for few months. but yesterday the bluetooth icon is not showing up on the tray. and in Programme Files/WIDCOMM folder if i click on the bluetooth nothing comes up.. when i try to reinstall it it says "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch.".. but i don't have any bluetooth button. if i press the wireless button on F2 it just turns off the wifi on my laptop. nothing happens to bluetooth installer. and yeah when i Go to Device Manger i don't see any option saying bluetooth. it was there before. can anyone help me? or can anyone tell me how can i reinstall my bluetooth card by deassambling the laptop? and i need to know what side would the bluetooth be. cause i don't want open the laptop and dont find the right thing.

February 12th, 2011 23:00

I have the same issue. I was playing some music on by bluetooth headset when on all of a sudden connection was terminated. Now there is no bluetooth device in device manager. When I try to install the drivers I get the same message "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch." I just think that they used some cheap components for bluetooth and now it is broken.

1 Message

February 21st, 2011 23:00

How are you?

I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers. And after several turns, turn off the Bluetooth from the BIOS. I rebooted and then I turned off the computer from Windows. I turned on the PC and the Bluetooth from the BIOS, once in Windows I could reinstall the driver and the update.
Hope that it help you.
Greetings

Diego

February 22nd, 2011 13:00

I'm fine, thank you :)

I've done a system restore and bluetooth start working again. Since then I've had this problem once and I fixed it by rebooting the PC.

Regards

David

1 Message

May 20th, 2011 07:00

hello, How did you uninstall the driver i'm also having problems with my bluetooth a month before its working and a couple of days ago its not working..

2 Posts

May 20th, 2011 10:00

I have reinstalled my windows and installed the blutooth driver again. now it works fine. it used to lag when i bought the laptop first. but now its better than brand new 1. 

just reinstall windows, and install the bluetooth again

December 30th, 2012 22:00

This has just worked for me www.c-sharpcorner.com/.../dell-inspiron-n5010-windows-8-bluetooth-fix.aspx , my N5010 was telling me I had no Bluetooth and nothing was showing up in device manager but I did what was said in the link + I had to set compatibility mode (windows7) for Inst.exe in the win32 folder or for 64bit the win64 folder and install by clicking it.

It detected my Bluetooth and all is working fine, I then updated the driver by going here  www.broadcom.com/.../update.php and downloading the latest Bluetooth driver direct from Broadcom which has support for windows 8. All is well :)

December 30th, 2012 23:00

After testing please just do the following as the Broadcom latest driver causes problems.

This has just worked for me www.c-sharpcorner.com/.../dell-inspiron-n5010-windows-8-bluetooth-fix.aspx , my N5010 was telling me I had no Bluetooth and nothing was showing up in device manager but I did what was said in the link + I had to set compatibility mode (windows7) for Inst.exe in the win32 folder or for 64bit the win64 folder and install by clicking it.

1 Message

January 18th, 2013 15:00

Same issue. Could not install BT driver (R273948) with error "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch".  Tried other driver software available on dell as well without any sucess. Same with enable/disable bluetooth from BIOS.

Using this tip in this thread, I set the compatibility for the setup.exe installer to "Windows 7" and it detected the internal bluetooth and installed the driver fine.

13 Posts

March 28th, 2017 21:00

I am also having the same problem but in my case the bluetooth stop working after bios update from A04 to A15

No Events found!