Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2016 19:00

Bluetooth Headphones not detected by Alienware 17.

I have the late 2014 edition Alienware 17 laptop with an i7-4700mq and gtx 765m. Not sure how else to tell which model i have.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone could help me solve this headache once and for all, because after countless hours of reading forums, downloading drivers, etc, I am more than frustrated with this laptop. I have recently purchased a set of bluetooth headphones, and no matter what I do, my laptop cannot seem to detect them. I've tried reinstalling drivers and rolling back to the original drivers it shipped with, but nothing seems to work. The headphones are brand new, and connect within seconds to my iPhone. They also connect just fine to my cousins laptop, and work just as they should. Previously I had tried using my sound dock, but the laptop would pair and not be able to play any sound out of the dock. Funny enough my cousins 8 year old laptop that he spent 200 bucks on seems to connect and play music just fine.

I know this laptop is over 2 years old, but I've had this problem since I first got it, I just could not be bothered with it anymore, and after my previous experiences with customer service, I felt I was out of luck.

My bluetooth card is the Broadcomm BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 +HS USB Device

or Broadcom BCM4352 Wireless+BT 4.0 Driver.... I'm not sure exactly.

The headphones i am trying connect are the Sony MDR-XB950BT wireless bluetooth headphones.

Please if anyone could help me that would be much appreciated. I just want to enjoy this great laptop to the fullest, and listen to music on my new headphones.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 27th, 2016 07:00

Hello. Try asking on the Alienware Club board.There might be something in the FAQ there.

Also could try the Internet/Wireless board.

No Events found!