Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2015 16:00

Bluetooth Upgrade to Dell Latitude E4310 not Activated

I upgraded the wireless card to my Latitude E4310 to include Bluetooth, The card is an Intel 633ANHMW which is the same card as in my daughters Latitude E4310 which works great. I confirmed that the BIOS are set to Bluetooth and that the radio switch is set to turn the Bluetooth feature on and off. I tried to install the Bluetooth software from the Dell Support Driver site and when loading, it stopped and requested that I "Activate Bluetooth Using Wireless Switch". I ran the Dell hardware diagnoses software and it returned a clean bill of health. I also tried to find the Bluetooth device using Devices and Printers and it didn't find the Bluetooth.

I have confirmed that the card works by installing it in my daughters E4310 and it worked like nothing changed. Yet her Bluetooth device in my E4310 was not activated. I then compared line by line in the BIOS setting between my E4310 and hers, adjusting my E4310 to match hers as the correct settings since her Bluetooth works. I then downloaded and installed the generic Microsoft Bluetooth driver. None of this affected a change, the Bluetooth still doesn't activate.

I believe that the Microsoft Driver provides for activating the Bluetooth device, yet it is not active. When checking the BIOS and looking at system information, the Bluetooth device is not recognized, thus listed as "none".

I believe that this is simply finding the correct MS driver to load onto the system so that it will activate the Bluetooth device thus I will be able to then load the Dell Bluetooth 375 software. Please provide help, Thanks

4 Posts

May 20th, 2015 22:00

I have solved the problem by accessing the Intel Support site and loaded their Driver Navigator, It identified all my hardware and updated all my Intel Drivers with the current drivers which included the Intel driver for the Wireless card, plus Del Bluetooth 365, plus updates to the wireless card. All in all it was quite a nice repair and update process. The only drawback is that you had to buy the Driver Navigator for $39 for use on 3 computers. Since I now own it I will load on my other computer and update all my Intel Drivers.

Bluetooth works fine now. I still don't know why the Dell Website with Drivers was unable to resolve the issue. However, It is now solved.

I hope this account is able to help others. Happy Computing.

No Events found!