Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

12 Posts

August 4th, 2007 15:00

Bluetooth connection problem

Here's a strange problem I recently discovered.  I occasionally use my cell phone as a Bluetooth connected modem.  However, the last time I tried it, it wasn't connected.  I checked the Modem selected for the connected, and it had reverted the modem to the 56k, showing my Bluetooth modem as not connected.  I checked the Bluetooth devices under Control Panel and it's showing no devices.  Strangely, the Hardware tab is also showing no devices.  Thus, when I try to add a new Bluetooth device on the Devices tab, it can't find any devices.  Where it gets really strange is that the Device Manager does show my DELL Bluetooth Device as "working properly".  Any ideas?  Thanks.

182 Posts

August 5th, 2007 01:00

It might be a good idea to reinstall the bluetooth driver for the system.

25 Posts

August 5th, 2007 11:00

You may want to power down your mobile phone and turn it back on. And then try to re-establish the connection with the computer. If that doesn't work, you may want to delete that bluetooth connection on your mobile phone and create a new one.

Since your computer 'sees' your bluetooth mouse, I would think that your bluetooth drivers are working properly.
No Events found!