Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2009 12:00

Bluetooth mouse causes Inspiron 1545 to hang on resume from suspend about 30% of the time

I just got a new Inspiron 15 (1545) with Windows Vista Home Basic and the dell 365 bluetooth module. I promptly installed an upgraded hard drive and Windos XP Professional. XP Pro was an option when purchasing this laptop and drivers are offered for it so I figured that would be fine.

About 5 days later I got a Dell Bluetooth travel mouse to use with the laptop.

The mouse works fine as a basic 2 button mouse if I don't run the bluetooth discovery service so I have to assume the radio is working fine in both devices. However I would really like to be able to use the scroll wheel on the mouse and the 'back' and 'forward' buttons. The only way to do that is to have XP start the 'Bluetooth Service' that the dell drivers install. Once I have that service running the mouse is detected as a Bluetooth HID mouse and all is well.

Except, when I close the lid to put the computer in standby and then come back sometime later and open it, it gives the 'duh-DUH!' device connected noise, and the mouse works for about 2-3 seconds. Then it does the 'duhn, duhn, duhn' device disconnected unexpectedly sound and it stops working. About 66% of the time, at this point, it then starts working again and makes the device connected sound. The rest of the time, it just freezes the laptop completely and I have to hold the power button to get it to power down and then power on again. Occasionaly it has displayed this problem on boot up too.

Chat support refused to help me because it was running Windows XP Pro instead of the Vista Home Basic it was shipped with but I think it should  work with either. I still have the other hard drive with Vista on it so I suppose I could see if that OS exhibits the same behavior but I bet it won't because it seems to either be a driver problem or software problem with the Bluetooth discovery service that the driver installs for XP.

I already tried reinstalling the driver for the Dell 365 bluetooth module and it resulted in a bluescreen on boot after the install so I would prefer not to try that again unless it is a newer version.

No Responses!
No Events found!