Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2013 06:00

Boot problem

Hello,

I have purchased N411Z  and it started giving problem when I power it on. It gives blank screen and beeps 4 times at regular interval. If luckily it starts then after some time screen starts flickering.

I bought this laptop in USA but now i am in India. I contacted the Dell service center but they are saying that they do not provide support for this model.

Please suggest solution for this.

Regards,

Mithun

November 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi Mithun,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, 4 beeps on your computer means it’s a Memory read / write failure.
Please try the below mentioned steps to fix the issue.

1. Please remove the AC Adapter from the computer and remove any cables or devices connected to the computer and press and hold the power button for a minute which will release the flea power present inside.
2. Please try removing the Memory and reseating the same, click on the below link which has Manuals for your computer which will be helpful in removing the memory.
http://dell.to/16RD1xF

3. Click on the link, save the file to your computer follow the instructions and reseat the memory.
4. Restart the computer and tap F12 during startup and select Diagnostics which will initiate the Diagnostics on the computer.
5. Please run the complete diagnostics on the computer and make a note of any error message displayed.
Please complete these steps and let us know your findings.

No Events found!