Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 31st, 2012 00:00

Brand NEW Inspiron 15R laptop stuck at DELL Logo

Hi

I have a brand NEW Dell Inspiron 15R laptop which all of a sudden became stuck at the Dell logo when it tries to boot. I have tried numerous time to power on and off, but it doesn't budge past it.

I have run the diagnostics, "No problems have been found with this system so far". It asked me to run the remaining memory tests which I did.  Again, no problems were found.

I followed all the troubleshooting steps here http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=577306 to troubleshoot a computer that is not completing POST and it has made no difference. The power button light is on, the three buttons on the top right hand side flash in turn then switch off, the CD rom makes the usual start up noise, and 3 of the 4 lights at the bottom left hand flash then the one for the hard drive switches off, with only the power and wifi remaining on. When I switch it off, all lights go out.

Please advise of a solution asap as I am unable to use the new laptop at all. Thanks.

1 Message

December 31st, 2012 13:00

For those of us also experiencing the same exact issue with a new Dell, taking the conversation private doesn't serve the community purpose. It makes me question Dell's quality.

2.2K Posts

December 31st, 2012 01:00

Hi cmb2012,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and name listed on the account so I may access your system records and keep you posted with the details. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

16 Posts

December 31st, 2012 18:00

@markke64 I agree. I searched this forum for a resolution before logging my issue and found none. All I was asked to do was provide my details and service tag. Then I was told someone will get back to me in 2 days.

I will share the resolution here if and once I get one for the benefit of anyone with the same issue.

For the record, this is the SECOND issue I have had with this NEW Dell laptop since it was shipped. Not impressed.

16 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 14:00

Hi Dell Support

What's the resolution on this issue that so many of your customers are having? I have not had any response since you asked me to PM you my info.

It's been 4 weeks since I received the brand NEW laptop you've sold me which turns out to be faulty and I haven't been able to use it since Day 1. Now it's dead. I purchased it for work purposes and this is costing me time and money. I want it replaced immediately or my money back.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

January 3rd, 2013 14:00

This is my exact problem on a laptop I purchased just last week. I've read about this all over the Internet and Dell hasn't made any official statement regarding why this happens to their laptops. I'm very disappointed in Dell. What should I do to fix this problem?

January 3rd, 2013 16:00

Can anyone give a suggestion?

4.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2013 21:00

Hi All,

Sorry that you all are having this issue on your new systems.

Try the steps below and confirm if the system is able to boot to Windows:

• Change the SATA operation in BIOS (tap F2 on start up),from Intel Smart Response to AHCI.

• Save changes in BIOS.

• Reboot the system

• Go back into Bios (F2) and change SATA operation from AHCI  to Intel Smart Response.

• Save the changes

• Reboot the system.

• System should boot normally into Windows.

Try couple of times and make sure system is booting to Windows normally.

Note:Please let me know if the system is able to boot to Windows after following the above steps,as we need to perform few more steps within Windows.

Thank You

16 Posts

January 3rd, 2013 22:00

Hi there

I followed the steps above and was able to boot to Windows. I tried a few more times, and was still able to boot. Please advise of the next steps, and if the laptop can be used in the interim. Thanks.

4.4K Posts

January 4th, 2013 00:00

Hi cmb2012,

Glad it worked.

After booting system to Windows follow the steps below:

After following the above steps run  and install all available Windows update.

It should install this update (KB2756872). If it does not install it then it may be scheduled for next update.

Alternately you can go to MS downloads at the address below and search for KB2756872

http://downalod.microsoft.com/

Select this download version "Update for Windows 8 for X64 based systems(KB2756872)"

Download and install this Update,Reboot system.

This update should fix this issue of system getting stuck at Dell logo.

Thank You

16 Posts

January 4th, 2013 01:00

Hi  DELL-Roshan L

When I click on the Intel RST, I don't have the options you show in your screen shots. In the Accelerate button, I have a link that states "Enable Acceleration" and there is no option to Dissociate. Please advise. Thank you.

4.4K Posts

January 5th, 2013 01:00

Hi  cmb2012,

Click on  “Enable Acceleration”  and follow the instructions in the window to complete configuration of Smart Response.

For more instructions refer to this link below and follow the steps given under (Issue 2 Installation) step 3.

http://dell.to/Thv5gc

16 Posts

January 5th, 2013 15:00

Hi DELL-Roshan L

I tried but again, I am getting different options than what is shown in your document.

Then

There is no option to Dissociate. For the record, the system is running into memory errors and shutting down.

Please advise. Thank you.

16 Posts

January 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi DELL-Roshan L

Can I please have a speedy response and final resolution? This issue was logged over a week ago and I still don't have a fix. Please note that this is brand NEW laptop that I haven't been able to use since Day 1, and I'm not a happy customer. Thanks.

9 Posts

January 7th, 2013 11:00

I have a brand new N7720 17R SE laptop, running on windows 8, experiencing same things as above + a lot more. What if at SATA operation i have ATA/AHCI and no "  Intel Smart Response " ?

4.4K Posts

January 8th, 2013 03:00

Hi zgript,

Welcome to the Community,

If your system shows only AHCI  and ATA try the steps below:

Enter BIOS (tap F2) on start up,select Restore Defaults under Exit tab.

Then move over to Boot tab,ensure Boot list option is set to UEFI and Secure boot is enabled.

Save and exit BIOS.

Check if system is able to boot into Windows.

No Events found!